Research and Documentation Internship, Mae Sot (Thailand)
Currently recruiting for start date: No current vacancies
Applications specifying an earlier start date will not be considered.
Minimum Commitment: Three months
Main Tasks and Responsibilities of an Intern at AAPP:
- Producing AAPP’s monthly chronology report (a report documenting and analyzing political prisoner developments in Burma)
- Researching and drafting articles for publication
- Editing Burmese-English language translations from Burmese news sources
- Cross-referencing sources for accuracy
- Compiling and finalizing monthly statistics in cooperation with AAPP staff members
- Updating and creating political prisoner profiles
- Independent research overseen by Human Rights Officer. Research topic delegated based on intern interests which align with AAPP’s work
- English language capacity building with local staff
- Various administrative tasks.
- Strong interest in Burma and Burmese politics
- Tenacity for research
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong editing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and under your own initiative
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Minimum commitment of five days a week for at least three months.
- 3,500 Thai Baht living stipend per month for the duration of the intern’s stay
- A bicycle
Email both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Internship Opportunity – LAST NAME” i.e. “Internship Opportunity – SMITH” Please ensure to include:
2) Letter of interest (max. 2 pages)
3) Contact details of two referees
4) Details of your possible start date and availability.