Research and Documentation Internship, Mae Sot (Thailand)
Currently recruiting for start date: currently not accepting applications
Applications specifying an earlier start date will not be considered.
Minimum Commitment: Three months
Main Tasks and Responsibilities of an Intern at AAPP:
- Producing AAPP’s monthly chronology report (a report documenting and analyzing political-prisoner developments in Burma)
- Researching and drafting articles for publication
- Editing Burmese-English language translations from Burmese news sources
- Cross-referencing sources for accuracy
- Compiling and finalizing monthly statistics in cooperation with AAPP staff members
- Updating and creating political prisoner profiles
- Independent research overseen by Human Rights Officer. Research topic delegated based on intern interests which align with AAPP’s work
- English language capacity building with local staff
- Various administrative tasks.
- Strong interest in Burma and Burmese politics
- Tenacity for research
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong editing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and under your own initiative
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Minimum commitment of five days a week for at least three months.
- 3,000 Thai Baht living stipend per month for the duration of the intern’s stay.
- A bicycle
- Free accommodation – intern must pay bills but not rent (this is dependent on who is residing in the house at time of start date. Residence in this house is not guaranteed).
Email both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the subject line: “Internship Opportunity – LAST NAME” i.e. “Internship Opportunity – SMITH” Please ensure to include:
2) Letter of interest (max. 2 pages)
3) Contact details of two referees
4) Details of your possible start date and availability.