Documentation and Research Internship position in our Mae Sot (Thailand) office
Start Date: December 2017
Minimum Commitment: Three months
Main tasks and responsibilities of an intern at AAPP:
- Producing AAPP’s monthly chronology report (a report documenting and analyzing political-prisoner developments in Burma)
- Researching and drafting articles for publication
- Editing Burmese-English language translations from Burmese news sources
- Cross-referencing sources for accuracy
- Compiling and finalizing monthly statistics in cooperation with AAPP staff members
- English language capacity buildng with local staff
- Various administrative tasks
During the process you will learn a huge amount about Burma’s political prisoners and the work of AAPP. Interns have many opportunities to involve themselves in the local community. As an example, a number of previous interns have devoted a couple of hours a week to teaching basic English to the local staff in an informal setting.
- Strong interest in Burma and Burmese politics
- Tenacity for research
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong editing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and under your own initiative
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Minimum commitment of five days a week for at least three months
AAPP provides a 3,000 Thai Baht living stipend per month for the duration of the intern’s stay.
To apply, email email@example.com with the subject line: “Internship Opportunity.” Please ensure to include your CV; letter of interest; contact details of two referees; and details of your possible start date and availability.